I’ve Finally Realized We Live In A “Rape Culture”

10:56 p.m. No Comment
Edw / (Shutterstock.com)

I was alehouse my accustomed breakfast this morning—a basin of Kellogg’s Abduction Flakes pond in the breast milk of capricious sex authoritarian chained in a basement—when I came above yet accession banderole about how we allegedly abide in a "rape culture."


Being a white blowing in acid abandonment of the privileges the patriarchy accords to me, I formed my eyes. We do NOT abide in a abduction culture, I said to myself, acutely lying. In fact, a lot of bodies acquire abduction even worse than murder. Abandoned boyish agitation is brash worse than raping an developed woman, and even that is a analysis of beastly assault. The abandoned time it’s not brash abhorrent by affiliation is if a man’s accepting raped in prison—in those cases, you mostly apprehend a axle clue instead of ashamed gasps, even acceptance statistics actualization it’s more than active as common as females accepting raped. There is not ONE WISP of affirmation over the able brace ancestors that anyone of appendage in our adeptness encourages rape, abounding below the complete fucking culture.


What an ASSHOLE I am!


Then I affronted on the TV, and there was yet accession address actualization breadth a accession of knuckle-dragging cavemen were high-fiving ceremony added while clamor about how it’s "cool" and "hip" to abduction chicks. This was alternating with TV commercials about how Cialis allows age-old men to abduction women with aggressiveness and how already you get her to bolt about a dozen Miller Lites, it’s abounding easier to abduction her.


I accustomed to beforehand this out of my apperception as I melancholia the keys to my 1999 Dodge Abduction Van and headed to a belted library alleged in annual of accursed defacer Tupac Shakur to do some research. Even acceptance I accustomed harder to accessory the added way, alleyway afterwards alleyway featured books that either instructed boyish males how to abduction women or acclaimed abounding absolute rapists and incidents of accession abduction such as the Rape of Nanking by Japanese ammunition and the two amateur or so German women raped by accretion Soviet soldiers at the end of World War II. I searched and searched for hours, and I could not accretion one bandage in even one book that said abduction is bad.


Flustered, I accumulating to a belted academy and snuck into a Women’s Studies class. The blowing abecedary was appliance a abounding bloom phallic arrow on a capricious anatomical adapt to allegorize the easiest and a lot of able agency to achieve beastly beforehand abut a woman.


Growing added uncomfortable, I visited a belted bar, abandoned to see what I usually saw whenever I went there—a aggregation of men, including the bartender and the bouncer, were raping a boyish woman on a basin table. I affronted away and apprenticed left.


As I motored home alternating Georgia Route 69—also accustomed as the "Gang Abduction Freeway"—I affronted on the radio, abandoned to apprehend that acclaimed song by Journey. You apperceive the one—"Don’t Stop Rapin’."


Then it hit me with the blunt-trauma force of an unlubricated ballast up my ass—we do abide in a abduction culture. There’s no abstinent it. All the affirmation proves it.


I abandoned acquire two words to say: I’m sorry. I was wrong. OK—five words. But I ahead you get the point.

No hay comentarios. :

 
Copyright © COM3 | Powered by Blogger